Friday, October 9, 2015

Motherhood made me a cry baby

I can't believe that in two days Mason will be 2 months old! Where does the time go? The fat little chub had his two-month appointment yesterday and weighs 14.1 pounds (95th percentile) and is 24 inches long (88th percentile). He loves to tell stories, especially in the morning, is pretty good at holding his head up, loves car rides, his new swing and is finally beginning to tolerate bath time. He also usually sleep 6 or 7 hours at night, which is good for me because anyone who knows me knows I don't do well on not enough sleep.
But moving on to the point of this post. I don't know if I should still blame the hormones or what but being a mom has made me a total cry baby.
In the first few weeks after Mason was born I would literally cry for no reason at all (we'll definitely blame that on the hormones) but now I cry at the tiniest thing, happy or sad, or if I get mad.
I cried when Mason got his shots yesterday, not just a little either, like big huge tears rolling down my cheeks. I never thought I would cry when he got his shots but I couldn't even control it! One second he was smiling at the nurse and the next second he was crying so hard and he didn't stop for like 5 minutes. It was super sad!
Last night I cried while watching TV like 4 times. I've always been the kind of person that cries in movies when people die or super sad things happen but now anything remotely sad or having to do with kids and bam I cry. Songs that have never made me cry before now make me tear up and some make me full on bawl, it is a little ridiculous.
I'd like to think this will go away but unfortunately I think I might just be a cry baby for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment