Thursday, April 12, 2018

I'm Making a Shift

For many years this blog has been a place for me to share my thoughts, updates on life and mostly vent my frustrations. Those posts may still come occasionally, much like they do now, but I've decided I want to do something more valuable with this space. This idea has been a long time coming and will take much more time to become fully developed, but I can't ignore the pull any longer.

Some of you may have heard of the terms intuitive eating, health at any size, body positivity, some of you may not have, but these interconnected concepts are something I've become very interested in recently and something I plan to learn more about in the coming months and years. I'm not a nutrition expert or psychologist or fitness professional, but I have a lifetime of experiences revolving around fat shaming and diet culture and self-hatred, experiences I hope can make a positive impact on a few of you out there.

I have been blessed with the gift of words, of being able to write and express my thoughts and feelings. I've made a living with writing before (and hope to do it again in the future) but right now it's time to use this talent and put my words to good use, to make this world a better place.

Stay tuned as I work out the details and get my jumbled thoughts in order, but watch for more focused, thoughtful posts and less ranting coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment