Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Honeymoon!!

John and I got to take an amazing honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico thanks to his Uncle Bill and Aunt Maria. It was awesome, we spent 4 nights, 5 days there and it was so relaxing. We have both been to Cancun before so we didn't feel like we needed to run around and see everything, which was so nice. The first two days we were there it rained a lot but we did get in some beach and pool time! We stayed at an all inclusive resort and I am sure I ate way way too much!
We went snorkling one day and it was awesome!! We had a guide that showed us around some of the reef and we saw a Lion fish, those really cool spiky fish that are red and white. We swam around for like 45 minutes and towards the end I was so tired, swimming is hard work. I got sunburned too, despite putting on sunscreen twice before going out.
We also went to the flee market where we got a hammock, a pancho for Whitney for watching Willy, a shirt for me and two ceramic wall hangings. It is always so fun to negotiate with the guys selling stuff and get great deals!
We also went to Walmart one night, it was kind of funny to see a Walmart in mexico and everything was so cheap!! We got a punch of pastries for $2.00, which in America probably would've easily cost over $10.
I could've have just laid on the beach the whole time, I seriously love the beach.
It was the perfect vacation, not to long but long enough to relax and recharge. We both missed little Willy so so much!! I know he is just a dog but to me he is like my child and I was so happy to get home to see his cute little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment