Monday, November 14, 2016

The Best Year Yet

My 28th year of life started out a little rough (more on that for another post) but I'm happy to say I turned things around and I can honestly say this last year was one of the best I've ever had.
I learned a lot about myself, the things that matter most to me and what I really want out of life.
Just a few of the highlights this year:
  • I finally started the journey to fulfilling my lifelong dream of publishing a novel. The first draft is done and editing is underway. 
  • I traveled more than I have any other year and it was awesome, more traveling is definitely on the list of things I want to do. I went to San Diego, Denver, Seattle, Portland and Chicago.  
  • I made through Mason's first year of life, which is no small feat. 
  • I finally figured out how to love myself and how to have a healthy relationship with food. 
I've only got one more year left in my 20's. I'm not sad I'm getting older and I'm not upset that I'll be 30 next year. I'm excited about life and where I'm going and the confidence I've gained and the goals I've set for myself. If this year is any indication, I'm just getting started. Plans for next year include: 
  • Publishing my first novel (and maybe my second!) 
  • More traveling!! South Dakota and another trip to Seattle are already on the list but I'm hoping there will be many more destinations to visit. 
  • Continuing the never ending process of working towards being healthier. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight in the next year.
Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday! Here's to another great year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment