Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Are we there yet?

I have been engaged for 406 days and still have 58 left until I will finally be married. I have always been a fan of the idea of long engagements. It gives you plenty of time to plan the wedding, get to know your fiance more (if you don't already) and have relatively little stress when it comes to the actual planning part but it also means a lot of waiting. I have an app on my phone that tells me how many days there are until the wedding and have been checking it roughly every day since last July, so needless to say it has been a long countdown. With a little less than 2 months until the wedding I am starting to get the feeling every little kid does when they have been in the car too long, anxious, restless and ready to get to the final destination. We have planned out the colors, the reception and ceremony place, the food, the decorations, the bridal party and their outfits, picked out invitations, even sent out some invitations, picked out and received wedding bands, decided on an officiant, made a wedding website, helped out of town guests with accommodations, decided first dance songs, picked cake flavors and style and gathered a million addresses! I am sure there are more things but that seemed like enough after all of that I am just ready for the actual day to be here! To see all the hard work pay off into a sweet celebration with our friends and family and then head off on a tropical vacation! There are still a few things left to do and the days are flying by so I am sure in another week or two I will be wishing I had more time but for now I just want to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment