Thursday, November 15, 2012

Extreme Planning

If there was a TLC show called "Extreme Planning" I would definitely be on it.
I know there are many people who hate planning things (John would be one of them) but I am just the opposite. I LOVE planning things. At this point I have my meal plans for next week already figured out and they have actually been mostly done since Monday. In my defense planning out my meals helps me stay on track throughout the week, helps me avoid having to go to the store multiple times a week by not having all the ingredients I need and helps save money because we don't go out as much because there is no food in the house. I also have workout plans through the end of January in the works and I have most of my vacation scheduled for next year (and that was done weeks ago).
I usually set up my bill pay well before things are actually due and make plans about how much money to save based on how much our bills our each month. I have even been working on budgets for next year based on the insurance changes that will be taking place in January.
I like planning so much that I actually got in trouble last week for filling out my time card in advance. I would go in on Monday or the Friday before and fill out my plan for working that week. When I have to go to court everyday this helps keep me on track and helps me plan when I will have time to work out and what meals to cook on which nights based on what time I might get home but apparently this is a no-no and now I have to fill out my time every day like a normal person and it has been bothering me all week!
I don't know what it is but I like having a plan and knowing what my schedule is on a day-to-day basis,  that way when I have down time I know for sure that there is nothing else I should be doing because everything is already done and I can just relax.
Unfortunately, that also means when things pop up and change unexpectedly I can get a little stressed. I would like to pretend that I am flexible when things like this happen but I am pretty sure John would say just the opposite.
But there is an upside to being a crazy-obsessed-planner lady. My mom and John and really anyone else involved in my wedding would tell you that it went pretty smoothly, thanks in part to my obsessive list-making and planning. I always have the ingredients for some sort of meal in my house and I rarely forget about important dates or things that need to get done.
I can't help it, I guess I am just a planner at heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment