Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Twitter is addicting

I am going to resist the urge to spout off about political things and possibly offend everyone I know and instead am going to write about my new found addiction to Twitter.
I joined the twitter world begrudgingly. I only did it because as a journalist it is pretty much the only way to survive or get jobs, when applying for jobs potential employees ask for your twitter handle. But now that I have figured out how twitter works it is actually pretty fun. You can see random bits of information from anybody you want. You can follow celebrities, athletes, TV shows, news people, cities, just regular joe's, pretty much anything you are interested in you can probably find on twitter.
It turns out Twitter is also a pretty convenient way to get information fast. I, for example, follow all of the different police departments and cities in Utah County so when there is breaking news I know about it pretty quickly. It is also WAY better than facebook for quick information and you don't get the mile long rants from people because you can only tweet 140 characters, two sentences is not enough for ranting and I love it.
Twitter wars are also amazing. When two people go back and forth about nonsense it can be really really funny.
Since I only recently joined twitter I don't have a lot of followers and in an attempt to gain followers I have become what my coworker refers to as a "twitter whore" it sounds way worse than it actually is. It really just means I started following a million (really only 191) people in hopes that they will follow me back and I can one day have hundreds or thousands of followers.
So far I only have 45 followers and I don't tweet a lot of things, mostly because I feel like people don't really care about what I have to say, but I still spend a significant amount of time on twitter seeing what other people have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment