Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bittersweet

Today I am a bundle of emotions. Nervous, excited, sad.. all rolled into one. It is my last day at the Herald and I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it here.
I've made a lot of great friends in my (almost) 3 years here and I am sad to be leaving them. It's been so fun getting to know the people here and joking about stories and sharing many, many treats. The people here is definitely the thing I will miss the most.
I am also a little sad to be leaving the newsroom and journalism. I will miss the adrenaline rush of writing on a deadline after a late night jury verdict, I'll miss writing every single day (although I hope that will be part of my new job) and since I like to know things, I'll miss being the first to know the news!
I am also extremely excited for the new opportunity a head of me. I am excited to not have to commute 70-plus miles to work every day, I'm excited to get to work in the health care industry, something I have been passionate about for years, I'm excited about using my skills in a different field and I'm excited to get to know new people and make new friends.
Change is always scary and exciting and I am feeling butterflies about starting a new job tomorrow but today as I leave the Herald for the last time there is only one word to describe it: bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment