Saturday, July 19, 2014

Calm Down

Now that the long and super annoying process of buying a house is over I am getting really excited to move in and make it our own and by really excited I mean I have gone a little bit crazy.
I filled a shopping cart (and deleted it all) on Home Depot's website no less than 4 times. I have done the same at Ikea, WalMart and Target.
It is all so exciting! I just want to buy a million things: new curtains, new furniture, stuff to build a pantry, a new light for the dining room, a new vanity for the bathroom and the list goes on an on! Then of course there are things we actually need like new locks for the doors, smoke alarms, a lawn mower and handles for the cabinets in the kitchen.
And I want to do a million projects too! Like build a pantry, put a new vanity and medicine cabinet in the bathroom, put a shelf in the laundry room, paint some walls, add some shelves, change lights out and all this on top of making our backyard which has 3-foot tall weeds and no grass, look somewhat decent.
And of course I need to finally print some wedding pictures and hang all my other pictures on the wall for everyone to see!
In the two days since we got the keys to the house I have measured almost every room in the house, used online graph paper to try and decide how to arrange the furniture in our living room and bedroom (yes I know I have a problem) and crunched numbers a million times to decide how much of my craziness we can actually afford.
The problem with all of this, besides the money part, is that I am very much one of those people who get all excited to start a project and do really well for a little while and then lose interest and either never finish or take forever to finish. I can't start 6 projects at my new house because I know if I do a year from now at least 4 of them will probably not be done and that would make me crazy for a whole new reason.
I think it is probably a good idea for someone to take away all my credit cards and ban me from going to Home Depot, Lowe's or Ikea until some of the excitement has passed and I can make rational decisions again.


No comments:

Post a Comment