Monday, July 28, 2014

What did I get myself into?

Painting seems like a good idea until you are in the middle of painting.
This is what happened to me over the weekend, I got super excited about painting pretty much the entire new house. I was going to paint the kitchen and the master bedroom and the living room and entry way and master bathroom and maybe even the two guest bedrooms. Really the only room I wasn't going to paint was the guest bathroom. Lucky for me (and my credit card) I got overwhelmed with choosing paint colors for all these places and decided to scale it down and only paint the living room, entry way and one bathroom.
I spent probably 10 hours or more this weekend taping walls and ceilings and painting the living room. My shoulders and arms are sore from the actual painting, my back is sore from bending over to paint the bottom of the walls and my calves are sore from standing on my tip toes to paint the tops of the walls. And I am probably not even halfway done. Because the colors that are currently in the house are super dark I have to do two coats of paint on every service, meaning I essentially have to paint every room twice. This weekend I finished the living room and I am not looking forward to next weekend, which I know will be another 3-day marathon painting session in hopes of finishing everything else. Who's idea was this?

No comments:

Post a Comment