Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Preoccupied

All I can think about right now is cooking and baking super delicious foods.
I want to throw a brunch party or maybe just a regular party and cook all sorts of awesome things that people will love. I want tons of people to squish into my little apartment and enjoy themselves while they eat the food I made.
 I want to make pumpkin spice lattes in the crock pot and pumpkin french toast and tomato basil soup and spinach dip and baked french toast and homemade mac and cheese and cheesecakes and cookies and banana bread and pretty much anything else you can think of!
I even started making a list of the treats I was going to make for Christmas and the friends I was going to give them to. Then I started thinking if people would rather have a plate full of desserts dropped of at their house or a something savory like homemade bread sticks and soup? Then I wrote a message to some of my girlfriends about a brunch party, realized halfway through my apartment is a giant disaster because I am moving in a few weeks and I don't really have the time or space to do such a thing right now and deleted that. Then I thought about calling my mom and asking her if I could be in charge of breakfast the day after Thanksgiving and imagined myself getting up really early in the morning to make a delicious breakfast for my family and I am not a morning person!! Then just now as I was writing this post I thought maybe I should call my mom and volunteer to cook all of Thanksgiving dinner, which I am sure she would take me up on and I am sure I would regret later when my mind is less preoccupied by food.
Its not even that I want to eat all that food, I mean I do and I probably would, but my main motivation is just cooking it all. It is literally all I have thought about for the past 4 hours.
I already decided I am going to make banana bread with some old bananas at my house and give it to my family when I see them at my little sisters volleyball game on Saturday, which will hopefully help cure a little of my cooking craziness but this is just further evidence that I need to open a bakery/cafe. It is a dream I have always had but I have to find a way to make it a reality, even if it takes 10 years.
In the meantime I will day dream about food while I work and cook tasty things when I can and hopefully get hired by someone to cater their party or family get-together (see here if you want more details about that) and continue to work on my skills.
But for now Pinterest and the many recipes I have pinned are calling my name, I have to see what else is out there for me to dream about making.


1 comment:

  1. This has been my fantasy for many years now :) I seriously make things for anyone who will eat them.

    AND I am also making a list of things I am making when I am home for the holidays. You are on the list for fresh pasta- any complaints please contact the head of HR.

    ReplyDelete