Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Working Nights Sucks

I am in the middle of my 8th week of working at Fox 13 and so this is an update of how things are going.
1. Working nights really really really sucks. My body has finally adjusted to sleeping in the day, but I don't think I will ever like it. I hate that I wake up just as the sun is going down. I hate that I can't ever meet friends for lunch (not that I do anyways, but I like the option) because I sleep then. I hate having no one to text all night while I work. I hope to someday move up in the world and maybe then I'll be sleeping at 2:30 a.m instead of blogging.
2. I miss writing. I really really really miss writing as much as did for the Salt Lake Tribune. I have written steadily at least one article a week for the past 3 years and now that I write 30 second scripts instead I miss it. I miss doing interviews and seeing my name in the paper (shallow I know). But most of all I just miss writing, I think that is one reason I have been so good at blogging lately.
3. I am learning tons of new things. Despite missing writing, I am learning TONS of stuff. Little behind the scenes details I never would've thought about. I've learned skills I will no doubt use forever, whether I stay in TV or go back to newspaper someday.
That is really all I can think of for the time being. I do get to learn how to produce starting in March so I'll update you again then!! Hopefully that will involve more writing! Maybe now is the time to start working on that book I always wanted to publish....

No comments:

Post a Comment