Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leggings

I am almost positive I should be credited with the starting of the legging and mini skirt (or in my case t-shirt dresses) trend back in the early 90's. I rocked the legging, short skirt and jelly shoes look almost everyday of my young life, expect of course when weather required real shoes. So I wasn't at all shocked when the trend made a comeback a few years ago, but at that point leggings were still being used as an undergarment, something you wear a skirt, dress or very long shirt over. Today on my way from the gymnastics team practice to the chronicle office I passed 5, count them five, girls wearing leggings as pants. And I asked myself since when did this become acceptable? Since when is it okay to wear tight-like pants in public? Fine if you want to wear spandex pants to the gym or around your own house, but out in public just seems strange to me. Maybe its because my thighs are so big I wouldn't be caught dead, anywhere, wearing such a thing. But I still think, even skinny girls need to wear something over their leggings. After all the trend was originally created to be worn under something, so why destroy a classic?

No comments:

Post a Comment