Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Fever/Senioritis

The weather outside is nice, my spring break trip is looming and I'm in the home stretch of my days in college, do I need anymore explanation for my lack of motivation? I am leaving for New York in approximately 48 hours and it takes me more than one hand to count the things I have to accomplish before then. The problem is I have zero desire, motivation or interest in doing anything but taking naps and watching TV. I have been going to school with only a summer break each year for 17 1/2 years now; it is safe to say that I am ready to be done. It doesn't help that I am a procrastinator/overachiever. I fill my plate full of things to do and then wait until the very last minute to do them. This usually ends up in mass amounts of stress and near breakdowns when everything is due all at once. I am at this very moment writing this blog when I can think of at least four other, more productive things I could be doing. The weather being nice doesn't help this situation. I want to just sit outside and soak up the precious sunlight. If it was snowing and gloomy I might be more inclined to do all my work. Scratch that, on second thought if it was snowing I'd just want to sit inside and drink hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment