Monday, March 19, 2012

The Important Things

Sometimes all it takes is one big shocking thing to happen to make you remember what the important things in life are. A good friend of my grandma's just passed away, he wasn't old maybe early 50s, as old as my dad. He was training to run ragnar and had a massive heart attack and died. While I didn't know him particularly well it makes me think about my own life and what is really important. Here I am running around trying to find turquoise cupcake liners and wondering if anybody is going to be able to go to my wedding dress fitting with me, while girls my age are mourning the loss of their dad. It makes me think about all the times I have called to talk to my mom but my dad answers and instead of taking 5 minutes to ask him how he is I just rush on with my life. It is just a reminder that important things aren't money and possessions and wedding plans but the awesome people we get to call family and share this life with, because in the end that is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment