Friday, March 2, 2012

Well Hello Winter

After months of kind of pretending to be winter, mother nature has finally sent actual winter. The only problem is I am now ready for it to be spring. March 1st is the not the time for the biggest snow storm we've seen this winter. March 1st is the time I start thinking about how soon I will be able to wear sandals again.
Not to mention winter and my commute are not friends. On Wednesday it took me an hour and half to get home because it was snowing and the wind was blowing and the roads were a mess. I, however would honestly take that over driving to work this morning. The roads were wet from the melting snow but not wet enough to make windshield wipers effective, just wet enough that you have to clean your window every 5 seconds or you won't be able to see. Which brings me to the other problem, it is very sunny today and the wet roads combined with the glare of the sun make it almost impossible to tell if you are driving in one lane or two. Add the construction nonsense on top that and it is a miracle there weren't a million accidents.
I can only hope winter's late arrival will also mean a short stay and pretty soon I can blog about how I love spring time!

No comments:

Post a Comment