Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Damn the Cupcake!!!

Its no secret that I am self-proclaimed dessertaholic. I love love love desserts. Cheese cake, regular cake, candy, ice cream, anything you can name if its sweet and yummy I'll probably love it. Recently I have been eating healthier, notice I didn't say trying, that is because I have actually been successful the past few weeks. Yesterday while watching the Patriots play like idiots (that is another blog all together) I made baggies with almonds and raisins, veggies, crackers and made some healthy tomato soup and put it in bowls so I have snacks and things to take to work with me to eat. I take my snacks and no money to work so I can't buy things in the vending machines and I am impressed with how well I have been doing, that is until today. I got to work and sitting right near my desk was none other than a cupcake. There were several empty boxes in the garbage and I assume this one was left over from some sort of celebration earlier. I tried to resist but in the end (really it was only like 5 minutes after I got to work) I ate the cupcake. I know I know one cupcake isn't going to ruin everything but still I had hoped I had more will power than that. Note to people at work: Don't leave delicious things by my desk!! I figure an extra 10 or 15 minutes added on to my workout tomorrow will help balance out the cupcake attack. On the positive side said devil cupcake was delicious and may have helped cure my cravings for sweet things for the next few days. Also positive if you are trying to eat better planning out things make its a million times easier! I make a list of all the things I am going to eat for a week, it takes about an hour but is totally worth it, then I check the recipes, make a list of things I need at the store and get just those things once a week. This way I don't have to decide what I am going to have for dinner every single night and end up eating frozen pizza because I don't have anything else in the house. And if I don't buy temptation foods at the store I have nothing to sabotage me when I am awake and bored at 4 am on Friday night. Now if only I can find a way to resist stray cupcakes that may wander my way everything will be grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment