Friday, January 7, 2011

Perfect

I discovered the most amazing song yesterday, its called Fucking Perfect by Pink (sorry to those of you that might offend) but it is incredible. It is pretty much about how no one is perfect and we need to stop being so hard on ourselves and that being imperfect is what makes us perfect. K so I'm pretty sure that didn't make sense but just listen to the song and you'll understand what I mean.
It's amazing that we can see all the great things about other people and usually insist on telling them on a regular basis but can't figure out how to do the same thing for ourselves. I know it seems strange that I of all people would be writing about this because if I had to pick my biggest fault (and trust me I have many) it would be being to hard on myself. I'll never be skinny enough, pretty enough, smart enough or whatever. But enough of that shit.
Along with my resolution to let go and have more fun (see yesterday's post if you missed that) my second resolution is to stop being so hard on myself. I have a good job, an amazing family and boyfriend, the cutest puppy in the entire world and awesome friends. Yes I may be overweight, something I'd like to change, but obviously there are other people in the world (friends, family, boyfriend) that could care less. Even with all those people backing me up I still find ways to bring myself down, why do I do that? Why do we do that? As Pink says "I'm done looking for the critics cause they're everywhere." Besides being perfect is no fun, trust me I've tried, so here's to embracing what I've got and letting go of the past. And I think that would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment