Monday, December 26, 2011

Blessed

I always feel so thankful and blessed during the holiday season but this year the feeling has been greater than ever before. Maybe it is because I have been writing a lot of stories about less fortunate families for work but I realize now more than ever that I am so so blessed.
This list is by no means all inclusive of things I am grateful for because that post would take hours and hours to write but these are few of the things I am most grateful for.
1. My family and friends.. I have the most amazing family ever!! I could write a whole post just about why my family and friends are incredible but I won't for now. I have parents that taught me the importance of hard work, integrity and that the things you want most in life will never come easy. I have sisters that make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. I have grandparents that love me no matter what I do wrong (and trust me sometimes that is a lot of things!!) I have amazing friends that I can call anytime day or night when I just need someone to talk to. I have an incredible fiance who loves me even when I cry for no reason at all and yell about trivial things. I have the cutest dog in the world (at least I think so) who can put a smile on my face regardless of how bad my day has been, I don't know what I would do without all these people!!
2. I have a job that I love. In this economy I am so lucky that I have a job that pays the bills and still leaves me a little extra for fun things, but I am so so so so grateful that I have a job I love coming to everyday, a job that no only pays the bills but challenges me and makes me happy. I am so blessed to have food in the fridge, gas in my car, warm clothes to wear and a small pile of christmas presents to put away when I get home today.
3. I am grateful for my health. I complain about having to take medicine everyday to keep my kidneys healthy and that my knee hurts when I run, but some of the stories I have written in the past few weeks has made me realize those things are so trivial! I am not battling breast cancer or recovering from heart surgery or any number of other things. Yes I may be over weight, have asthma and poop kidneys, but I can still get up everyday and do pretty much anything I want to because I am healthy.
The list could go on and on but this will do for now.. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment