Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wedding Dress


I picked up my wedding dress Monday, it is strange to have a big white dress just chilling in my spare bedroom!!
I have obviously known for several months now I am getting married but having the dress in my possession really makes it so much more real! I really just want to put it on a dance around my apartment. If I wasn't afraid Willy would try to bite the bottom or John would walk in I probably would. I get excited just thinking about it!
Since I missed out on the opportunity to blog about my dress when I purchased it I shall tell the story now.
I went dress shopping 3 times. Once in April with my maid of honor, Emily, once the day after Thanksgiving with my mom and grandma and once a week later with my three good friends Nicole, Stacee, Tonya and my little sister Morgan.
The first time I went was very overwhelming! I was barely engaged and so it was strange. The second time I had narrowed it down to two dresses when my sister suggested I try on the one I ended up buying. I hadn't really liked it in the picture so I reluctantly agreed. I loved it! It wasn't one of those love at first sight, cry when you put it on experiences, but I did like it. I went back and forth between it and another dress about 5 times before I decided to leave and come back later. When I put the dress on the third appointment I knew it was the one and I got the "Oh, Wow" reaction from my friends. As you can see from the photo it is a halter top with fun beading!! I am still debating about whether or not to wear a veil but there is time for that! Now I just need to get my arms toned and buy a strapless bra and get the dress altered slightly.
This just goes to show never judge a book by it cover, because I never would've have picked this dress just by looking at it but now I can't wait to wear it in June. In case you were wondering the other dress I was considering has lace sleeves and a keyhole back opening, it wasn't nearly as flattering though!

No comments:

Post a Comment