Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up?

People are always asking little kids what do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know how anyone logically expects a child to have an answer! I am 24 and I still don't have an answer. I just don't know how to pick one thing I want to do with my life! There are so many things I want to do. I want to work for ESPN and Cosmopolitan, two drastically different career paths in case you didn't know. I want to open my own cafe named Scrumptious. I want to be a sex therapist, a novelist, a journalist, a Pulitzer prize winner and a world traveler!! How am I supposed to make all of these things happen in just one lifetime?!
I love love love my job right now, reporter, journalist, whatever you want to call me I love it and I could do it until I am old enough to retire or until I die (whichever comes first) but what about all the other things? How do you pick just one thing?!
In case you wondered when I was little I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up, now I cringe when I have to look at gross medical pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment