Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lesson Learned , Twice

Sometimes you have to do the same stupid thing more than once before you learn your lesson that it is probably not the smartest thing to do. Case in point: I take a multivitamin and fish oil capsules every morning (per my personal trainer), once several weeks ago I took them on an empty stomach because I was in a hurry to leave for work and hadn't eat my breakfast yet, less than five minutes later before I could get out the door and to my car I threw up. I decided then that taking pills, any pills, but these ones in particular on an empty stomach was not a good idea. Yet this morning I did the same thing. I was in a hurry, I woke up late and didn't want to bother putting the pills in a plastic bag to take with me to take later so I just took them. Again, almost instantly I was throwing up. But this time something even worse happened. So I threw up, rinsed my mouth with mouth wash and was out the door again but as I got to the car I noticed a gross taste in my mouth and smell in my nose (sometimes I throw up out my nose, gross I know but true) it took me a few minutes to realize it was the fish oil!! It was seriously the grossest thing ever! I almost threw up again just because of the gross fishy taste that was in my mouth. It is still lingering more than an hour later. The moral of the story is NEVER take fish oil on an empty stomach and definitely don't do it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment