Monday, May 28, 2012

Take a Deep Breath

Over the past several weeks I have found myself stressing about various things in relation to the ragnar and the wedding and most of them are things I can't control, like how fast my teammates are running and how many people are going to come to the wedding. As RSVP's have been coming in it is pretty clear that we are going to have a pretty small wedding, which I should be excited about because that means it is cheaper! But I have also been kind of sad because I was hoping lots of people would want to come and celebrate with us (selfish and silly I know) BUT!! I realized today none of that matters, it doesn't matter if their are 10 people at our wedding or 210 people because those who are there are exactly the people we want to be there and want to share our special day with. Not to mention the wedding ceremony isn't for everyone else, it is simply for John and I and I should be focusing on enjoying that not on how many people will be in the crowd. As the list of things to do before the wedding gets longer and longer, I just have to remember to take a deep breath, breath in and out and know that everything will be okay. Since I am huge control freak this is easier said than done but like John said yesterday about some tiny detail I was stressing about, "It will be fine, everything will work out how it is supposed to." For the next 3 weeks this will be my mantra, "Everything will be okay, just breathe."

No comments:

Post a Comment