Monday, May 14, 2012

Ragnar Roller-coaster

I feel like training for and emotionally preparing for the Ragnar has been such a roller-coaster. I did so so well training for the first few months, I was motivated, I was ready to go and then I the wall. I didn't want to run and then I hurt my knee and couldn't run and now I am back to not wanting to run. I think emotionally it has been even worse. One minute I am excited and then the next minute I am dreading it. I get mentally prepared for how hard it is going to be and tell myself I can do it and then I go on a run and think, "Who are you kidding?" There is still 4 1/2 weeks until this thing!! I am going to be mentally exhausted by the time it gets here! It doesn't help that I am also in the final planning stages of the wedding and trying really hard to stay on my diet and exercise plan when all I really want to do is eat a pint of ice cream every single day. I ran outside for the first in a long time on Saturday and it sucked and I sucked but it really made me wonder if my stupid knee can even hold up to running 3 runs in 36 hours, one of them being 7 miles all downhill. So then I get all worried about things like I do and wonder if I can make it and who will take my spot if I can't. But then I think about not running and how disappointed my mom and sisters will be and how bad it would suck to just drive the van while they all run!! See roller-coaster, I drive myself crazy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment