Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Doctors are Ridiculous.

I could start and end this post simply by saying doctors are ridiculous, the things they charge for and get away with makes me so mad! Case in point. Well first of all there is a slight back story. My new insurance at the Daily Herald has a mail-order prescription service they make you use for all long term prescriptions so I signed up and ordered my birth control through the system. They ask for a doctors name and number so I put it on there, thinking in a few days I will get my medicine and it will all be dandy. Wrong. I get a phone call from my doctor, well my doctors nurse because doctors don't really do anything themselves, this morning telling me Dr. Cannon won't verify my prescription until I come in and get my blood pressure checked because apparently last time I went in it was high. So I am already annoyed that I have to go in to the doctors office to get my blood pressure checked, all because I can't fill my prescriptions at the pharmacy. So I go in they take my blood pressure it is fine. I wait 5 minutes the nurse comes in and tells me the doctor will sign the prescription order and I am good to go. I was in the office for a total of 15 minutes maybe even less and I didn't even see the doctor. As a side note I have never actually met Dr. Cannon and have been "seeing" her for four years now. I always see her nurse practitioner. But back to the story, I am there for less than 15 minutes and I get ready to leave and the nurse gives me a paper and sends me to the check out. The girl there asks me if I have a co-pay. "What? All I did was have my blood pressure checked, I am being charged for that?" The lady goes on to tell me that yup I am being charged for an office visit. WTF? Is all I have to say. How does it work that I can be charged for an office visit when I 1. didn't even see the doctor, 2. they didn't treat me for anything and 3. had something done that I could have had John do for me!! As another side note, I tried to take my own blood pressure before I went to the doctors but that was harder than it looks. So I am annoyed by the whole system!! If my insurance would just let me fill my prescriptions however I want I wouldn't have had to get the doctor to verify it, then I wouldn't have had to go get my blood pressure checked and I wouldn't be having to pay who knows how much for something so silly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment