Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Yearly Adventures of P, 2011 Edition"

I wrote an article about New Year, New You for the paper last week. It was all about resolutions and how to make them stick. I have about 15 resolutions I would like to incorporate into my daily life but you can't get where you are going without knowing where you have been. The past is a big part of our lives and how we move forward so this post is dedicated to 2011 and all the things I accomplished, think of it as "Yearly Adventures of P, 2011 Edition."
One of the biggest things that happened to me in 2011 was, as you all know, I got engaged. While this isn't really an accomplishment on my part (all I had to do was say yes) it is still a HUGE thing! It is crazy to think 2011 was the last year I was just Paige Fieldsted, because come June 21 I will be Paige Hoffman. And 2011 was also the year John and I celebrated our 2 year dating anniversary, which I think is a big deal! We have figured out how to live with each others little annoyances and are making a relationship work, which is a big accomplishment.
Another huge change in my life is I finally got a job as a full-time reporter, where I get to write every single day. It is amazing and I feel like I am finally on the career path I want to be on!
I ran 145 miles!! For me this is a big deal. I have been an on again off again runner since my freshman year in college and while the first half of the year I didn't run nearly as much as I could have or should have it felt great to log that many miles. Just in case you were wondering that is enough miles to run from Salt Lake to Altamont plus 10 miles or from Salt Lake to Provo 3 times.
I made a lot of new friends! This may seem like a strange accomplishment but I sometimes have a hard time getting out of my comfort zone and bonding with new people but I can say in 2011 I made several new friends and few really great new friends!
While I am sure there are many more great and exciting things that happened in 2011 this is what I am most proud of. So here is to 2011 and all the great times and great things we all accomplished. Looking ahead to 2012 I want to run even more miles, continue my writing career (maybe I will finally finish my book), have a fabulous wedding, maybe buy a house and of course lose 15 pounds.
I am looking forward to the adventures of this next year and sharing them with you! Next year I want to look back and see 365 blogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment