Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Year of the Races

I have dubbed this year the "Year of the Races" because I have already committed to running 3 races this year. I haven't registered for all of them yet, I am just waiting for pay day, but I am excited! I am running a 10k in Ogden in February, a half marathon in Vernal in May and of course the Wasatch Back in June. So I don't think I will have any problem running more miles this year than last year! And it is great that they are all close together because it keeps me motivated to keep training, something that has been a problem for me in the past. I am thinking maybe this will be the year I take the plunge and run another marathon. I mean if I am already running all those other races why not?! A marathon in September or October would be perfect. I will have to see who else is on board because if there is one thing I have learned over the years it is I am not a solo racer! I lack the motivation to train by myself and definitely to compete by myself. Hopefully I can get my mom on board again and then we will have ran 4 amazing races in one year together and I think that would be just fantastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment