Monday, January 9, 2012

Let Down

I saw an amazing recipe on facebook, Nutella Ice Cream. Basically you blend 6 bananas and 1 cup of Nutella together and let it freeze and eat it like ice cream. I thought to myself "What a great alternative to ice cream!!" Wrong. I put in the calories of 6 bananas and 1 cup of nutella into myfitnesspal app and then divided it by 6 assuming you would get 6 decent sized servings from that many bananas. Turns out such a serving would have over 300 calories!! I might as well eat a bowl of ice cream. I was so disappointed because I was seriously considering stopping and getting nutella on my way home and making this delightful treat. Maybe I underestimated the number of servings this would make which would reduce the calories per serving but still not a light and delicious snack like I thought it would be. So so sad. I guess I will go back to chewing my mint chocolate chip ice cream flavored gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment